Learning Coaches have the ability in Spillett Leadership University (SLU) to create and manage Instructor Led Training (ILT) Sessions (i.e. classroom training), as well as manage the session rosters. This guide provides the steps and processes to create and manage the ILT sessions and the rosters associated with them. Please note that in order to have permissions to manage your events, you must complete the “Learning Coaches Orientation Curriculum” within SLU. Once completed, there will be up to a 6-hour lag time before access to these permissions are made available to you.
ILT Session Creation
1. Logon to MyBGCA.net and access Spillett Leadership University (SLU)
2. Click on the menu icon at the top right of the home page and then click ILT > Manage Events & Sessions
3. Enter criteria (optional) and click SEARCH to locate the ILT Event (i.e. training) you need to create a session OR just click on the SEARCH button to view all Learning Coach events.
4. Once the ILT Event desired is found, click the View Sessions icon
5. Click to create and begin the process
6. Enter the options for the session in the Schedule Wizard
The Schedule Wizard helps establish the frequency of the ILT. They can be offered in the following manner:
Also, the start date for this ILT is selected.
Each session can be broken up into parts if required to provide even further detail of the ILT. For example, there could be an ILT that has a session that is a full day of training. This training could be broken up into 2 parts, one for the morning and the other for the afternoon. The Parts Scheduling can provide the details as to when the activity will start, have breaks, and ultimately end.
The details page covers details of the ILT such as the setting instructors, learning outcomes, KPI’s. Specific attachments needed for the session can be added at this point. Specific registration information can also be configured at this point.
Sets who may register for and access this session as well as any specific requirements, such as approvals, for those users and this ILT Session.
Selects the sort of notification emails that a user will receive for this activity. The options are to either utilize system default email notifications, to not use email notifications, or to customize what notifications are to be utilized.
Configures any pricing structure utilized for this learning activity
Provides a summary of the options selected in a single displayable page
7. In this example, we are creating a one-day session that starts on August 15, 2017
8. Click Next
9. Enter the name for the session (e.g. NY / NY 9 am - 5 pm Session)
10. Select the location by clicking the selection action item next to the entry box
Your location should always be your Club’s Parent Organization, NOT the Club site.
11. You can search for the parent organization by typing part of the name in the Name field and then click on the Search button. Select the desired location by clicking left of the Location Name.
12. Or, search and select the desired location using the expand icon  to drill down into the children of a location and then click left of the Location Name.
13. Click DONE on the next screen
14. Click DONE on the next screen
15. Please skip this step.
16. Set the Start Date / Time and End Date / Time
17. Click Save Part at the bottom of the Schedule Wizard
18. Confirm the session part has the correct information (start / end | location | instructor) and click NEXT >>
NOTE: if you need to make changes click the Edit icon
19. Enter the Details for the Session | NOTE: Session ID is not required and may be left blank. This information is NOT needed for internal and past events.
20. Enter or Update the Registration information OR leave defaults.
21. Update waitlist information if necessary OR leave defaults.
22. You will NOT have the ability to add prerequisites, pre-work and post-work.
23. Click the Next >> button at the bottom when you have entered and verified the information.
24. On the availability screen click the Next >> button
25. Verify the information on the Summary Page and once satisfied click the Save button at the bottom of the page.