About this Guide
This guide provides step-by-step guidance for navigating the development plan tool based on permissions for the following:
- Creation of an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for all users.
- Creation of development plan templates which can be cascaded to staff. Please note: This functionality is based on the user’s permission. Managers can assign plans to direct and indirect staff. Those with learning assignment permissions can assign plans to all members within their organization.
- Management and Tracking of these plans.
Throughout this guide, important items on screenshots are highlighted with an orange box around them. If many items are referenced, the use of numbers in parentheses, for example (1), is used to guide you to the item.
If additional support is needed, please reach out to the help desk by clicking on
the Help Desk tab at the bottom right of the SLU Home page.
Office hours are also available. This is an opportunity to speak with an expert directly. To sign up, from the SLU home page:
- Click the magnifying glass (1) in the upper right corner of the page to expose the search bar (2) at the top of the page
- Type “SLU Office Hours”
- Click SLU Office Hours (Virtual) from the list (3)
- Find a date/time that works for you, click the drop-down arrow next to View Details (4) and click Request (5)
Accessing and Creating Development Plans
From the SLU home page, click the menu bars in the upper right corner.
Select Performance > Development Plans
Development Plans can be created from a template or from scratch. Templates give a starting point with development ideas versus a blank page when a development plan is created from scratch. To learn about creating a development plan:
- From a template, go to the next section
- From scratch